Duties & Rights
By Barb Stephens
Every Citizen has ...
Complete each statement by inserting duty or right in the blank.
1. the __duty__ to obey all laws.
2. the __right__ to equal protection of laws and equal justice in the courts.
3. the __duty__ to respect the rights of others.
4. the __duty__ to inform yourself on issues of government.
5. the __right__ to be free of arbitrary search and seizure.
6. the __right__ to equal education and economic opportunity.
7. the __duty__ to serve on a jury if called.
8. the __right__ to vote.
9. the __right__ to own property.
10. the __duty__ to vote in elections.
11. the __duty__ to serve and defend your country.
12. the __right__ to free speech, press, and assembly.
13. the __duty__ to assist agencies of law enforcement.
14. the __right__ to a lawyer of your choice and a prompt trial if accused of a crime.
15. The __duty__ to practice and teach the principle of good citizenship in your home.
Last updated June 6, 2001Visit Pack 114's Fun Pages Index Visit Pack 114's Library